Amsterdam - DBS & Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
These 2 day tutorials offer stereotactic neurosurgeons and psychiatrists the opportunity to expand their knowledge in the application of DBS for the treatment of Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder.
The tutorials combine theoretical learning and hands-on experience.
Stereotactic neurosurgeons with at least 2 or more years of experience and psychiatrists with:
- Interest in the use of DBS as an alternative treatment for Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder
- Wish to learn the practical aspects of the therapy
- Interest to improve and expand their knowledge on implant techniques
At the end of this training participants will:
- Treat OCD according to the Current treatment options for OCD
- Select patients for DBS according to the psychiatric and neurosurgical selection criteria
- Master neuroimaging and neuroanatomy
- Implant and program neurostimulator
- Manage post-implant patients
- Evaluate acute post-surgical patients