Name: Philip, Edward, Victor, Albert VAN KERREBROECK
1971 - Greco-latin high school, Sint John Berchmans college, Diest (Belgium)
1978 - Medical Degree from the Catholic University Louvain, Louvain (Belgium), with distinction
1984 - registered as a urologist in Belgium
1988 - registered as a urologist in The Netherlands
1992 - Masters Degree in Medical Sciences, University of Antwerp (Belgium)
1993 - Ph.D. Degree in Medical Sciences, Catholic University Nijmegen, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
1993 - Fellow of the European Board of Urology
- Staff urologist at the Department of Urology, University Hospital St.-Radboud, Nijmegen, The Netherlands (March 1988 - September 1996).
- Consultant Urological Surgeon at the Spinal Cord Unit of the Hospital St.-Maartens, Nijmegen, The Netherlands (June 1990 - September 1996).
- Professor of Neuro-Urology at the University of Maastricht (August 1, 1996 - October 30, 1998).
- Chairman, Department of Urology, University Hospital Maastricht, The Netherlands (September 1, 1997 - September 30, 2012).
- Professor of Urology at the University of Maastricht since November 1, 1998.
- Board member of the EAU (since 2016)
- Chairman EAU History Office (since 2016)
- Chairman EAU Nocturia Resource Center (since 2014)
- Chairman Standardisation Committee International Continence Society
- Chairman and treasurer of the Dutch Study Group on Neuro-Urology
- Member of the Board of the SUBDIMS (Study Group on Sexual, Urological and Bowel Dysfunction in Multiple Sclerosis)
- Coordinator of the EAU/EBU East-West Education programme for Central and Eastern Europe
- Board Member of the European School of Urology
Trials: Principal investigator in multiple international trials follow GCP rules.
Authorship: 15 books, 18 chapters in books, 349 articles
- Member of 25 scientific societies
- Member of the Editorial Board of 6 scientific journals
- Reviewer for 8 urological journals
Biographical Sketch Philip E.V. Van Kerrebroeck, MD, PhD, was born in Louvain (Belgium) in 1953. After obtaining a medical degree from the University of Louvain in 1978, he trained in General Surgery and Urology in Belgium and The Netherlands. Registered as a urologist in 1984, he received the masters degree in medicine from the University of Antwerp (Belgium) in 1992 and the Ph.D. degree in medical sciences from the University of Nijmegen, The Netherlands in 1993. Since 1993 he is Fellow of the European Board of Urology. He is Professor of Urology at University of Maastricht and iworks as clinical urologist in the Maastricht University Medical Center. He has a long standing clinical interest in fFnctional Urology (LUTS, Nocturia, Urinary Incontinence) and the treatment of neurogenic bladder dysfunction. His research interests are the development of various new therapies in Neuro-Urology such as neuromodulation for lower urinary tract dysfunction. He was principal investigator for several international trials follow GCP rules.